GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bradford pear shoots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/101375-bradford-pear-shoots.html)

User Example 15-08-2005 03:02 AM

Bradford pear shoots

I could have sworn I already posted this but I didnt see it show up in
the newsgroup. Anyway, I have a bradford pear tree in my lawn and there
a LOT of little offshoots growing up around the tree. They are coming
from the trees roots. I have tried cutting them back but more come up.
They really look ugly and I don't know what to do about them.
Any ideas? I have tried cutting them back all the way to the root and
covering the roots with more dirt but that doesn't seem to help for long.