Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
JRs-LOVE

Default Fig problem

I have a young fig tree I planted in May. At that time, it had 5 large
leaves on it. Since then, all those leaves have dropped off. As new leaves
try to come out, something is eating them. Haven't had a complete new leaf
since I planted it. Any ideas what may be eating it . . . and what I can do
to solve the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
John T. Jarrett

I just moved to Leander last year - with fields all about.

The grasshoppers eat almost all the leaves off all my ornamental fruit
trees - orange, lime, apple - plus other plants like green beans and
sunflowers.

If I watch, I can watch one eat a whole leaf in just a few minutes. There
are always a few around resting on the fence or the back of the trunk...look
careful and slowly and you'll probably see them if they are around.

Didn't have that problem in S. Austin.
--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Fig problem Bill Grey United Kingdom 21 06-11-2013 05:42 PM
Carpobrotus Edulis AKA Ice Plant, Hottentot Fig, Kaffir Fig Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 24-03-2010 06:54 AM
UK - Problem with fig tree Steve Newport Edible Gardening 4 04-05-2008 11:30 PM
Fig Problem [email protected] Edible Gardening 2 19-08-2005 09:14 PM
Banyan fig (Ficus microcarpa retusa) David Stern Bonsai 0 09-02-2003 08:01 AM