GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Faux rocks? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13505-faux-rocks.html)

Whit 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Faux rocks?

I've got a pond/creek in the backyard, I intend to put a nice waterfall
back there, but those darned rocks are heavy, and I always have to move
them 3 or 4 times before they are right.

Anybody ever made a 'water feature' with styrofoam? I'm thinking I can
get a huge chunk and carve it into a pleasing shape then coat it with
something, but what is that something?

Any ideas, I really don't want a store-bought/prefab look.

Thanks

animaux 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Faux rocks?

Sure, there are many ways to go, but I like this website:

http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/hyp.../Hypertufa.htm

J Kolenovsky 05-04-2003 11:08 AM

Faux rocks?

In regard to homemade rock (hyper-tufa),
http://www.the-water-garden-and-gard.../Hypertufa.htm

Whit wrote:
=

I've got a pond/creek in the backyard, I intend to put a nice waterfall=

back there, but those darned rocks are heavy, and I always have to move=

them 3 or 4 times before they are right.
=

Anybody ever made a 'water feature' with styrofoam? I'm thinking I can
get a huge chunk and carve it into a pleasing shape then coat it with
something, but what is that something?
=

Any ideas, I really don't want a store-bought/prefab look.
=

Thanks

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html

Gae Xavier 05-04-2003 11:09 AM

Faux rocks?

I love Hypertufa! In fact, I have fantasies of becoming the "Hypertufa Queen
of Austin" when I retire and have time to devote to something other than
working and paying bills. One day...

--
J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html