Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Whit

Default Faux rocks?

I've got a pond/creek in the backyard, I intend to put a nice waterfall
back there, but those darned rocks are heavy, and I always have to move
them 3 or 4 times before they are right.

Anybody ever made a 'water feature' with styrofoam? I'm thinking I can
get a huge chunk and carve it into a pleasing shape then coat it with
something, but what is that something?

Any ideas, I really don't want a store-bought/prefab look.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
animaux

Sure, there are many ways to go, but I like this website:

http://www.nettally.com/skinnerd/hyp.../Hypertufa.htm

Old 05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
J Kolenovsky

In regard to homemade rock (hyper-tufa),
http://www.the-water-garden-and-gard.../Hypertufa.htm

Whit wrote:
=

I've got a pond/creek in the backyard, I intend to put a nice waterfall=

back there, but those darned rocks are heavy, and I always have to move=

them 3 or 4 times before they are right.
=

Anybody ever made a 'water feature' with styrofoam? I'm thinking I can
get a huge chunk and carve it into a pleasing shape then coat it with
something, but what is that something?
=

Any ideas, I really don't want a store-bought/prefab look.
=

Thanks

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Gae Xavier

I love Hypertufa! In fact, I have fantasies of becoming the "Hypertufa Queen
of Austin" when I retire and have time to devote to something other than
working and paying bills. One day...

--
J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html

Thoughts on outdoor faux plants oldhickory Texas 0 15-02-2007 09:47 PM
Pond Bottom: rocks or no rocks? JGW Ponds 61 17-08-2005 04:05 AM
Faux Landscape Rocks Piney Lawns 4 02-03-2005 12:37 PM
Faux Rock Ron Peace Ponds 8 03-02-2004 02:58 PM
faux pottery/planters??? Lee Gardening 5 08-11-2003 06:02 AM