GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   starting a small garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/13611-starting-small-garden.html)

Manning 05-04-2003 11:10 AM

starting a small garden

I would like to start a small starter garden, 6ft square, on the
deer/raccoon/possum/skunk infested limestone pad I call my backyard.

I have a compost pile to start with but I will be needing some top soil.
I've been reading this news group on and off and I remember a mention of
Lady Bug brand which I may try. I also need to build an enclosure to keep
out the above mentioned pests.

I would like to know how rugged I need to make the enclosure. I'm leaning
toward stock panel fencing with some netting on top to keep the birds out.