Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Manning

Default starting a small garden

I would like to start a small starter garden, 6ft square, on the
deer/raccoon/possum/skunk infested limestone pad I call my backyard.

I have a compost pile to start with but I will be needing some top soil.
I've been reading this news group on and off and I remember a mention of
Lady Bug brand which I may try. I also need to build an enclosure to keep
out the above mentioned pests.

I would like to know how rugged I need to make the enclosure. I'm leaning
toward stock panel fencing with some netting on top to keep the birds out.