Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

Default ashe juniper

In today's Statesman, an article by Mary Ann Roser profiles two guys
who are trying to eradicate this tree from Austin and the surrounding
area. Since the article is about them, I don't really mind her
quoting the guys as they spout myths and misconceptions about the
plant, but I was disappointed to see no mention of the true story in a
balanced treatment of the topic.

I started an email to her to ask for the other side, but can't seem to
find the link to the site (posted here before) which addresses the
other side so well. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and
where to find it?

thx,
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
d.tilson

Babberney wrote:

In today's Statesman, an article by Mary Ann Roser profiles two guys
who are trying to eradicate this tree from Austin and the surrounding
area. Since the article is about them, I don't really mind her
quoting the guys as they spout myths and misconceptions about the
plant, but I was disappointed to see no mention of the true story in a
balanced treatment of the topic.

I started an email to her to ask for the other side, but can't seem to
find the link to the site (posted here before) which addresses the
other side so well. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and
where to find it?

thx,
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html

Don't know what you're looking for specifically, but:
http://juniper1.home.texas.net/cedarstuff.html

Dale
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:49:29 -0600, "d.tilson"
wrote:

Don't know what you're looking for specifically, but:
http://juniper1.home.texas.net/cedarstuff.html

Dale

I did find that and it has a lot of the info I was looking for, but I
think I've seen the same stuff in a page put together by someone
else--I was hoping for more confirmation so it would be harder to
dismiss the one site as some crackpot. Thanks for sending the link,
though.