Old 13-04-2006, 04:24 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris

Default Pine in trouble.

"ceed" wrote in message
newsp.s7xdeptmqo6mj3@debob...
Hi,

We have two 25 ft. pine trees in our yard. I know Round Rock isn't "pine
country", but these two were here when we moved in. Last year they both
had some fungus and we had to spray them with stuff they gave us at the
nursery. That got them in better shape. This year one of them is "leaking"
big lumps of sap, and I mean big, like larger than tennis ball big. It
also looks like the tree is in trouble again, but this time no signs of
the fungus from last year. What could cause this bleeding of sap? I am
beginning to think we need to get rid of them since thwy obviously do not
belong here, but I would like to give them another chance if possible.

--
//ceed

http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bu...uc/uc-027.html

--