Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-04-2006, 09:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
Doug Lassiter

Default responsibilities for trimming trees?

Excuse my posting to this group, but it pertains to trees!

A neighbor tells me that one of my live oaks has dead branches that are
overhanging his property and I need to get them trimmed. Do I
understand properly that this trimming is his responsibilty, and not
mine? With all due respect to him, I have no problems with someone
getting such branches cut off my tree, but I would rather not pay money
to protect his property (a backyard shed). He seems to feel that this
maintenance is definitely up to me. I've always understood the reverse
to be true.

I don't want to turn this into a legal case, and neighborliness is
another matter, but if there is Austin city code that applies, I'd very
much like to be aware of it.

Thanks

trimming lemon and pomegranate trees. John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 0 03-06-2006 02:20 PM
trimming live oak trees jojo Texas 1 25-06-2004 06:09 AM
Trimming Fir Trees [email protected] Gardening 0 24-06-2003 12:56 PM
TREE TRIMMING AND/OR REMOVAL Thelumberjackcan Texas 0 27-02-2003 03:29 AM
Trimming back ornamental grasses: Dallas Blue and another Todd W. Roat Gardening 1 30-01-2003 02:16 PM