Old 03-07-2006, 03:37 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen

Default mulch question

PEC came out last week and prepared the way for new electric lines for the
property behind ours. I had no idea, but he said that they give out free
mulch to any PEC members when they are in the area!

So I got a huge pile of mulch, mostly elm. I'm wondering if it will draw
termites? I have some rosemary and a couple rose bushes in the front but
the inspector when we bought the house warned us about termites. Perhaps it
is time to start that composting pile.

Oh, pepper plants update: they were doing great after repotting until one
night last week the deer came up and ate them.

With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
You never know how much you really believe anything
until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life or death to you.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:26 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/ent...ruct/ef605.htm
--
Jonny