GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/156114-storms.html)

jOhN 31-03-2007 04:58 AM

Storms

anybody see the big hail reported around Driftwood? the NOAA radar
showed that tornado bearing storm just poofing into nothing as it hit
the Travis County line

my sister lives up near Lake Whitney and said a clear water spring has
popped up inside her house after all the rain. she hasn't slept in 24
hours while she and her husband keep the wet vacs going :(

the storms combined with the live oak fallout and caterpillar crap have
made my pool look like a big petri dish with a mutant lifeform growing
in it - in one day

I made an 8ft wire mesh tower for growing sweet peas per my wife's
request. The sweet peas have probably grown about 10" so far this week.
No blooms yet.

The crossvine looked pretty good last week and I've seen some around
that almost looked artificial because the blooms were so abundant - 100%
coverage of the leaves.