Old 31-03-2007, 04:58 AM posted to austin.gardening

Default Storms

anybody see the big hail reported around Driftwood? the NOAA radar
showed that tornado bearing storm just poofing into nothing as it hit
the Travis County line

my sister lives up near Lake Whitney and said a clear water spring has
popped up inside her house after all the rain. she hasn't slept in 24
hours while she and her husband keep the wet vacs going

the storms combined with the live oak fallout and caterpillar crap have
made my pool look like a big petri dish with a mutant lifeform growing
in it - in one day

I made an 8ft wire mesh tower for growing sweet peas per my wife's
request. The sweet peas have probably grown about 10" so far this week.
No blooms yet.

The crossvine looked pretty good last week and I've seen some around
that almost looked artificial because the blooms were so abundant - 100%
coverage of the leaves.

Thunder Storms 'Mike' United Kingdom 1 15-07-2007 05:00 PM
Storms Spur Growth of Plankton in Ocean Benign Vanilla Ponds 0 06-07-2004 02:02 PM
Storms damage sugar maple! Pat Kiewicz Gardening 0 22-05-2004 01:02 PM
Trees and Storms John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 0 27-11-2003 05:42 PM
spring storms, silken poppies and ongoing madness madgardener Gardening 4 09-05-2003 06:44 PM