Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default snake id

Can anyone help id this snake that we found in our tree this morning? We
would definitely prefer to let the snake be if it's not poisonous but we
have a small dog and are concerned for it's safety.

http://www.thumpers-hole.net/snake1.JPG

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2007, 03:24 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Chris" wrote in message

Can anyone help id this snake that we found in our tree this morning? We
would definitely prefer to let the snake be if it's not poisonous but we
have a small dog and are concerned for it's safety.

http://www.thumpers-hole.net/snake1.JPG

Thanks!

they got rid of my rodent problems organically
Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM posted to austin.gardening
Bob Bob is offline

"Chris" wrote in message
Can anyone help id this snake that we found in our tree this morning? We
would definitely prefer to let the snake be if it's not poisonous but we
have a small dog and are concerned for it's safety.

Last week, I found one just like it on the rail of the chain link fence
around the back yard. It was 4 1/2 to 5 feet long, I didn't measure it. It
has a bright red tongue about the size of a tooth pick. There are so few
poisonous snakes in Texas and I knew it wasn't a rattler, coral snake, or a
moccasin; so I just left it. An hour later when I mowed I watched for it,
but it was gone.

They do climb, and love to get into birds nests for eggs and baby birds.
Other than that, they are not a problem.
Bob

white snake - white snake.jpg Persephone Garden Photos 1 26-04-2007 10:54 PM
Water Snake = Grass Snake? Terry Pinnell United Kingdom 1 15-06-2005 09:11 AM
Snake--- cool snake story... Gareee© Ponds 0 04-05-2004 02:02 PM
Snake repellent PacKat Gardening 8 03-06-2003 12:44 AM
Snake Traps [safe for you & wont harm the snake] james North Carolina 0 26-04-2003 02:56 AM