GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peaches (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/161684-peaches.html)

Victor Martinez 16-07-2007 02:17 PM

OT: Mostly vegetarian (was Peaches)

Gary Brady wrote:
Going off on a different subject here, we replaced our fabric couches
with leather in January and our cats (4 of 'em) rarely get on the couch

What kind of leather is it? Is it very thick and hard? We have one
leather seat we inherited and the cats love to sit on it when there's a
human there.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Gary Brady 16-07-2007 10:37 PM

Victor Martinez wrote:
Gary Brady wrote:
Going off on a different subject here, we replaced our fabric couches
with leather in January and our cats (4 of 'em) rarely get on the couch

What kind of leather is it? Is it very thick and hard? We have one
leather seat we inherited and the cats love to sit on it when there's a
human there.

No, it's soft leather and soft cushioning material underneath. We had
the idea that leather would be easier to keep clean than fabric, and
that has been the case so far. Our cats don't seem to scratch much so
that hasn't been a problem. But one of the dogs really likes to get up
on the back and sink into the cushion.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

jangchub 16-07-2007 11:55 PM

OT: Mostly vegetarian (was Peaches)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:17:18 -0500, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Gary Brady wrote:
Going off on a different subject here, we replaced our fabric couches
with leather in January and our cats (4 of 'em) rarely get on the couch

What kind of leather is it? Is it very thick and hard? We have one
leather seat we inherited and the cats love to sit on it when there's a
human there.

My leather is very heavy, but supple. It is nubuck, but lost it's
nap. Very soft to the touch. It has a matte appearance. The dog
liked it because it was cooler than the carpet.

[email protected] 19-07-2007 04:28 PM

Peaches

summer pruning wont stimulate new growth, it is for shaping the tree.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:01:09 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:
"The foliage on the trees is so dense that we will have to do a lot of
summer pruning to allow adequate sunlight to enter the inside of the canopy
of the trees," Psencik says. "This can have a great effect on the amount of
next year's peach crop."

So, apparently pruning in Summer is not a bad thing.

sherwindu 20-07-2007 06:42 AM

Peaches

wrote:
"The foliage on the trees is so dense that we will have to do a lot of
summer pruning to allow adequate sunlight to enter the inside of the canopy
of the trees," Psencik says. "This can have a great effect on the amount of
next year's peach crop."

So, apparently pruning in Summer is not a bad thing.

I would qualify that statement to say small amounts of pruning are ok, but heavy

pruning will stimulate the tree to put out lots of new growth, usually in the
form
of water sprouts.

Sherwin