GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I am new (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/170112-i-am-new.html)

[email protected] 03-01-2008 02:17 PM

I am new

I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

George Pollard 03-01-2008 03:22 PM

I am new

wrote:
: I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
: in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
: grow in this area that works well?

Palm trees

dt 03-01-2008 04:32 PM

I am new

George Pollard wrote:

wrote:
: I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
: in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
: grow in this area that works well?

Palm trees

Heh. Everybody's a comedian. ;-)

Seriously, austin.gardening is probably not the best place to ask; we're
mostly in and around Austin, Texas (hence the name). You can probably
find something much more relevant at your local library. Or the next
time you go into Pueblo or Colorado Springs, stop at a local
nursery/garden supply, if there's not one in Florence. Those folks
usually want you to succeed, so you'll come back and buy *more* stuff! ;-)

Good luck!

DT

biggus 03-01-2008 08:30 PM

I am new

"dt" wrote in message
George Pollard wrote:

wrote:
: I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
: in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
: grow in this area that works well?

Palm trees

Heh. Everybody's a comedian. ;-)

Seriously, austin.gardening is probably not the best place to ask; we're
mostly in and around Austin, Texas (hence the name). You can probably
find something much more relevant at your local library. Or the next time
you go into Pueblo or Colorado Springs, stop at a local nursery/garden
supply, if there's not one in Florence. Those folks usually want you to
succeed, so you'll come back and buy *more* stuff! ;-)

Good luck!

DT

he should plant rocks, they do well in CO.

Rev. Newt Zest 04-01-2008 06:14 AM

I am new

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:17:35 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

Mork, from Ork.

-nz

Mike Fleagle 23-01-2008 05:58 AM

I am new

"Wankatoa" wrote in message
"
scribblednews:87508ddd-97b6-4a10-
:

I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

You must also be new to the homo sapien line of evolution.

This is Austin, texas, not FLorence CO.

So, got tired of screwing all the other bonnobo monkeys and decided to
come
down from the trees now that all the N.American tigers are gone?

don't listen to wankatoa, he been sick long time

Go to nature center in Zilker and get book on flowers that do Austin well.

Wankatoa 24-01-2008 06:00 PM

I am new

"Mike Fleagle" :

"Wankatoa" wrote in message
"
scribblednews:87508ddd-97b6-4a10-
:

I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

You must also be new to the homo sapien line of evolution.

This is Austin, texas, not FLorence CO.

So, got tired of screwing all the other bonnobo monkeys and decided to
come
down from the trees now that all the N.American tigers are gone?

don't listen to wankatoa, he been sick long time

Go to nature center in Zilker and get book on flowers that do Austin

well.

Typical ignorant liberal..always trying to censor other's speech, like you
did when getting your worthless liberal arts degree on that campus, and
trying to tell others what to read, say or think.

Is it because, like fundamentlists, you have a childish beleif system and
can't stand anyone who disagrees with you or says things you don't like.

Like all children, liberals, women and morons, you're basically a facist
fundamentalist at heart, a weak one who needs consensus and affirmation of
other like-minded useful tools like yourself to affirm your pathetic,
needy, slow-witted existence.

--
Explanation of a Free Country:

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Mike Fleagle 24-01-2008 08:17 PM

I am new

"Wankatoa" wrote in message
"Mike Fleagle" :

"Wankatoa" wrote in message
"
scribblednews:87508ddd-97b6-4a10-
:

I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

You must also be new to the homo sapien line of evolution.

This is Austin, texas, not FLorence CO.

So, got tired of screwing all the other bonnobo monkeys and decided to
come
down from the trees now that all the N.American tigers are gone?

don't listen to wankatoa, he been sick long time

Go to nature center in Zilker and get book on flowers that do Austin

well.

Typical ignorant liberal..always trying to censor other's

snip crap

Is it because, like fundamentlists, you have a childish beleif system and
can't stand anyone who disagrees with you or says things you don't like.

Is that why you are throwing a tantrum?

Like all children, liberals, women and morons, you're basically a facist
fundamentalist at heart, a weak one who needs consensus and affirmation of
other like-minded useful tools like yourself to affirm your pathetic,
needy, slow-witted existence.

Wiki "Psychological projection" fool,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection"

bullthistle 05-02-2008 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 768645)
I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?

Some people are rude and crude. I landed in Florence, CO on 1/01/2008 and watched UGA beat Hawaii, and I live in NC and was born and bred in NYC. I planted some heavenly bamboo, raised from seedlings in NC, but I spoke to my friend in Florence today and she said they froze, but told her they may come back in the spring. I also took out some perennials. She lives on Moore Drive, horses in the backyard, across the street from the Veteran's nursing home. She also said it gets too hot for Aspen when she asked for a suggestion. You might want to check into Red Buckeye. Dwarf or tree. Junipers do well in heat and can take the cold. There is always the Pinon if you have the room. To check out what perennials and woody plants I took out to Florence for planting go to http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com