GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safety of BT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/180930-safety-bt.html)

Omelet[_4_] 25-01-2009 03:52 PM

Safety of BT

I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Victor Martinez 25-01-2009 04:48 PM

Safety of BT

Omelet wrote:
I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

Absolutely.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

jOhN 26-01-2009 12:01 AM

Safety of BT

Omelet wrote:
I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

That pic was inspirational...............for BT proponents ;-)

Bought some chard seeds last week, it must be some sort of psychic
emanations.

jOhN

Omelet[_4_] 26-01-2009 03:52 AM

Safety of BT

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

Omelet wrote:
I'm planning a greens garden this year out front on the South side of
the property. At the very least I want to grow chard, and perhaps
spinach and lettuces.

I've had a really bad time in the past with cabbage worms or some such
type:

http://i3.tinypic.com/7wf2f4h.jpg

That pic is from a couple of winters ago when I was trying to grow
broccoli and chard. They actually managed to kill a horseradish plant.

I plan to try BT if I run into this problem again, but is it safe for
humans to consume if I spray it on leaves we intend to consume?

That pic was inspirational...............for BT proponents ;-)

Indeed. g They did a real number on my plants and I hand-picked the
damned things at dawn every morning when I got home from work. (I work
night shifts).

Bought some chard seeds last week, it must be some sort of psychic
emanations.

jOhN

Could be! Those damned worms eat ten times their weight in greenery
every day, I swear!