Old 27-06-2003, 07:34 PM
mikk rush

Default wasps

can you please help my fantastic plum tree is allway surounded with wasps i
cant get to the friut does anyone no how to get rid of them without damage
to the plums
thanx mikk

Old 27-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Elliot Richmond

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:32:15 +0100, "mikk rush"
wrote:

can you please help my fantastic plum tree is allway surounded with wasps i
cant get to the friut does anyone no how to get rid of them without damage
to the plums
thanx mikk

My first guess would be that the wasps are after something your plum
tree has. Wasps primarily prey on caterpillars, but they also drink
nectar, sweet water, colas, etc. This is what they are after on your
plum tree (nectar, not cola), unless you have some sort of
infestation. There are a number of harmless oils that would probably
do the trick.

Wasps away from the nest are much less likely to sting, but they will
sting if they get trapped in your clothing or otherwise stressed

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Old 27-06-2003, 10:56 PM
mikk rush

thanx for reply to my problem but they go inside some of the plums and atac
you if you try and pick any of them i find it imposible
thanx mikk

Old 28-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Helga Walters \(Housekeeper\)

"mikk rush" wrote in message
can you please help my fantastic plum tree is allway surounded with wasps

cant get to the friut does anyone no how to get rid of them without damage
to the plums
thanx mikk

Try filling a garden-spray with your own urine and then spray this around
the wasps before annoying them. The savage wasps will attack anything that
smells like you, so the chances are they'll sting each other to death in the
rush to get to you first ...

Best wishes
Helga Walters (Housekeeper)

Old 08-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Maggie Blue

"Helga Walters (Housekeeper)" wrote in
message ...

"mikk rush" wrote in message
can you please help my fantastic plum tree is allway surounded with

wasps
cant get to the friut does anyone no how to get rid of them without

damage
to the plums
thanx mikk

Try filling a garden-spray with your own urine and then spray this around
the wasps before annoying them. The savage wasps will attack anything

that
smells like you, so the chances are they'll sting each other to death in

the
rush to get to you first ...

Best wishes
Helga Walters (Housekeeper)

Eeeew..... you're brave.

I always chase them off with a smoldering piece of newspaper, then look for
their nest and burn it, too. They hate smoke and will fly away when they
smell it. But they'll come back if you don't get their nest.

Maggie

WAsps, wasps and more wasps Broadback United Kingdom 69 09-08-2004 09:57 AM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
the truth about wasps...and contrition Edible Gardening 0 08-05-2003 10:20 PM
Ground Wasps Lar Gardening 2 01-05-2003 05:44 AM
Wasps nest in the attic Peter Crosland United Kingdom 30 07-12-2002 07:56 PM