Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Maggie Blue

Default Tree on my House

Last weekend, a tree fell on my house. Well, it really just kind of
"l-e-a-n-e-d" over and is now resting on the side of the roof.
This question, then is for anyone that has had experience with the tree
services in Austin: Who can I call that will safely remove the tree but not
my little bank account?

Thanks much
Maggie

Old 09-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Texensis

"Maggie Blue"
sweet_maggie_blue@i_dont_need_no_stinking_spam_at _yahoo.com wrote in
message ...
| Last weekend, a tree fell on my house. Well, it really just kind of
| "l-e-a-n-e-d" over and is now resting on the side of the roof.
| This question, then is for anyone that has had experience with the
tree
| services in Austin: Who can I call that will safely remove the tree
but not
| my little bank account?
|

| Thanks much
| Maggie

Recently had a good experience with Just Trees -- 75-year-old leaning
pecan in extremely tricky situation -- roofs of three structures plus
electrical and telephone wires -- good price & stuff was hauled away,
with no chipper/grinder driving people nuts for hours

Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Steve Coyle

Hi Maggie, et al

In regards to this message:
Last weekend, a tree fell on my house. Well, it really just kind of
"l-e-a-n-e-d" over and is now resting on the side of the roof.
This question, then is for anyone that has had experience with the tree
services in Austin: Who can I call that will safely remove the tree but not
my little bank account?

You can do a google search, of this group only, using the
advanced feature with a keyword phrase like "tree trimming" or "tree
service" and sort by date and it will pull up a number of threads
where folks have discussed who they used , who they liked and who they
think should be avoided. Looking at older threads will help in
addition to whatever this question generates.

Whoever you end up going with, do make sure they are fully bonded
for insurance purposes, and ask to see the documentation. If a a guy
in a pickup with a chainsaw you hired falls out of a tree on your
property and is not covered you could be paying for his rehab for some
time to come.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] Graham Corbin Orchid Photos 12 23-04-2007 10:02 AM
Planting a tree near a house Morphet Australia 11 07-03-2004 12:31 AM
Tree House DJ Lawns 2 02-03-2004 06:09 AM
Fast growing tree to screen house from street? Claude Australia 10 17-10-2003 01:22 PM
removing tree near house Al Reynolds United Kingdom 9 18-06-2003 08:20 AM