GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rye grass? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/43211-rye-grass.html)

16-09-2003 05:12 PM

Rye grass?

Anyone thinking ~ planting rye grass?

Gene

--
eMail:

EGA 16-09-2003 07:12 PM

Rye grass?

Little early, but if the hot weather is done, it would be ok. Might be
hard to find fresh seed. I was in my local feed store today, but hey
don't have any in yet. Are you overseeding your lawn, or what?

wrote:

Anyone thinking ~ planting rye grass?

Gene

--
eMail:

17-09-2003 01:36 AM

Rye grass?

Each year I plant a few acres around the place - just like
to see the green color & deer, etc. I purchased it last year from
a feed store in Killeen. It was a LOT less expensive in
50# sacks. Seems like I paid ~ $18 or so per bag. I let
last year's rye go to seed, wonder if I will see anything from
them? So far, nothing obvious.

Gene