GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to do with Water/Lucky Bamboo? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/45631-what-do-water-lucky-bamboo.html)

Steve Wertz 17-10-2003 07:32 PM

What to do with Water/Lucky Bamboo?

I've got a bunch of stalks of lucky/water bamboo happily growing to 4+
feet. It's almost too tall to sit on a table anymore.. can it be
planted? Will it survive if I put it outside? (in a planter or in the
ground).

I probaly need some way to start twisting it (they already have three
rotations about 2/3rds of the way down). How do you twist these
things?

-sw

Steve Wertz 17-10-2003 09:02 PM

What to do with Water/Lucky Bamboo?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:36:47 GMT, "Sew-Sew Lady"
wrote:

If you put it outside, I recommend a planter, as bamboo spreads wildly.

It can't be worse than the garlic I planted 13 years ago ;-)

I have a lifetime supply of garlic chives, but no usable garlic bulbs.

But yes, that'sa good point. I don't know if this stuff is hearty
(hardy?) enough to survive like the other bamboo's though.

-sw

dt 17-10-2003 10:32 PM

wrote:

If you put it outside, I recommend a planter, as bamboo spreads wildly.

It can't be worse than the garlic I planted 13 years ago ;-)

I have a lifetime supply of garlic chives, but no usable garlic bulbs.

But yes, that'sa good point. I don't know if this stuff is hearty
(hardy?) enough to survive like the other bamboo's though.

"Lucky bamboo" isn't really a bamboo.

dt

animaux 18-10-2003 01:02 AM

What to do with Water/Lucky Bamboo?

It's not really bamboo, but draceana. It will not survive outdoors.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:31:36 -0500, Steve Wertz
opined: