Old 17-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Steve Wertz

Default What to do with Water/Lucky Bamboo?

I've got a bunch of stalks of lucky/water bamboo happily growing to 4+
feet. It's almost too tall to sit on a table anymore.. can it be
planted? Will it survive if I put it outside? (in a planter or in the
ground).

I probaly need some way to start twisting it (they already have three
rotations about 2/3rds of the way down). How do you twist these
things?

-sw

Old 17-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Steve Wertz

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:36:47 GMT, "Sew-Sew Lady"
wrote:

If you put it outside, I recommend a planter, as bamboo spreads wildly.

It can't be worse than the garlic I planted 13 years ago ;-)

I have a lifetime supply of garlic chives, but no usable garlic bulbs.

But yes, that'sa good point. I don't know if this stuff is hearty
(hardy?) enough to survive like the other bamboo's though.

-sw

Old 17-10-2003, 10:32 PM
dt

wrote:

If you put it outside, I recommend a planter, as bamboo spreads wildly.

It can't be worse than the garlic I planted 13 years ago ;-)

I have a lifetime supply of garlic chives, but no usable garlic bulbs.

But yes, that'sa good point. I don't know if this stuff is hearty
(hardy?) enough to survive like the other bamboo's though.

"Lucky bamboo" isn't really a bamboo.

dt

Old 18-10-2003, 01:02 AM
animaux

It's not really bamboo, but draceana. It will not survive outdoors.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:31:36 -0500, Steve Wertz
opined:

I've got a bunch of stalks of lucky/water bamboo happily growing to 4+
feet. It's almost too tall to sit on a table anymore.. can it be
planted? Will it survive if I put it outside? (in a planter or in the
ground).

I probaly need some way to start twisting it (they already have three
rotations about 2/3rds of the way down). How do you twist these
things?

-sw

What's wrong with my lucky bamboo? Alwyn Williams United Kingdom 2 18-07-2007 11:17 AM
Lucky Bamboo Merrill Speeter Gardening 18 15-04-2003 12:32 PM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 23 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Lucky bamboo? Karen Texas 5 27-03-2003 09:56 AM
Lucky Bamboo Indoor Plant TheresaKyn Bamboo 1 10-03-2003 08:24 AM