GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I need plant suggestions.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/45959-i-need-plant-suggestions.html)

will 22-10-2003 09:22 PM

I need plant suggestions....

Hi.

I need some plant suggestions seeing how I have a good chunk of area to
plant in, and have no clue what to plant.

I need a couple of plants that will grow around 6' tall or so.
Preferably, something with flowers, but that isn't a necessity. The area
gets a little bit of direct sunshine in the morning, then the rest of
the day, it's in light shade. Are there any roses perhaps that would be
suitable? It will be against a stone wall.

I also am going to need several smaller plants that will grow more like
2-4 ft high. Same area, same conditions.

APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HELP!!!

=will=

gribbee 22-10-2003 10:12 PM

I need plant suggestions....

"will" wrote in message
Hi.

I need some plant suggestions seeing how I have a good chunk of area to
plant in, and have no clue what to plant.

I need a couple of plants that will grow around 6' tall or so.
Preferably, something with flowers, but that isn't a necessity. The area
gets a little bit of direct sunshine in the morning, then the rest of
the day, it's in light shade. Are there any roses perhaps that would be
suitable? It will be against a stone wall.

I also am going to need several smaller plants that will grow more like
2-4 ft high. Same area, same conditions.

APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HELP!!!

=will=

Roses will be disappointing with that little sun.

Beautyberry or Leatherleaf Mahonia will do 6 ft in partial sun.

Turks Cap will work for the shorter plants. http://tinyurl.com/ryaa

animaux 22-10-2003 11:32 PM

I need plant suggestions....

You will have to go through these plants listed for conditions and height, but
it's a list of the native plant species which will do the best.

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/catalog.html

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:03:24 -0500 (CDT), (will) opined:

will 29-10-2003 04:13 PM

I need plant suggestions....

Turks Cap- Is this a plant that will stay around all year long? This is
all in the very front of the house, so I don't want it to look "barren"
during a season or two of the year.

Does anybody else have any more suggestions on shade-loving plants?

Any good groundcover suggestions?

=will=

animaux 29-10-2003 05:42 PM

I need plant suggestions....

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:51:36 -0600 (CST), (will) opined:

Turks Cap- Is this a plant that will stay around all year long? This is
all in the very front of the house, so I don't want it to look "barren"
during a season or two of the year.

Does anybody else have any more suggestions on shade-loving plants?

Any good groundcover suggestions?

=will=

Here are all the suggestions anyone could want.

Research.

http://www.nativesoftexas.com/catalog.html

Texensis 30-10-2003 04:02 PM

I need plant suggestions....

"will" wrote in message

| Turks Cap- Is this a plant that will stay around all year long? This
is
| all in the very front of the house, so I don't want it to look
"barren"
| during a season or two of the year.
|
| Does anybody else have any more suggestions on shade-loving plants?
|
| Any good groundcover suggestions?
|
| =will=

Turk's cap will drop its leaves (it's beginning to do so now), but its
berries stay until the birds eat them, after which the stems may be
pruned off at ground level if you like. It will grow taller if the
bare stems are left thorugh the winter, however.

Texensis 13-11-2003 01:12 PM

I need plant suggestions....