Old 22-10-2003, 09:22 PM
will

Default I need plant suggestions....

Hi.

I need some plant suggestions seeing how I have a good chunk of area to
plant in, and have no clue what to plant.

I need a couple of plants that will grow around 6' tall or so.
Preferably, something with flowers, but that isn't a necessity. The area
gets a little bit of direct sunshine in the morning, then the rest of
the day, it's in light shade. Are there any roses perhaps that would be
suitable? It will be against a stone wall.

I also am going to need several smaller plants that will grow more like
2-4 ft high. Same area, same conditions.

APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HELP!!!

=will=

Old 22-10-2003, 10:12 PM
gribbee

"will" wrote in message
Hi.

I need some plant suggestions seeing how I have a good chunk of area to
plant in, and have no clue what to plant.

I need a couple of plants that will grow around 6' tall or so.
Preferably, something with flowers, but that isn't a necessity. The area
gets a little bit of direct sunshine in the morning, then the rest of
the day, it's in light shade. Are there any roses perhaps that would be
suitable? It will be against a stone wall.

I also am going to need several smaller plants that will grow more like
2-4 ft high. Same area, same conditions.

APPRECIATE ALL OF THE HELP!!!

=will=

Roses will be disappointing with that little sun.

Beautyberry or Leatherleaf Mahonia will do 6 ft in partial sun.

Turks Cap will work for the shorter plants. http://tinyurl.com/ryaa

Old 29-10-2003, 04:13 PM
will

Turks Cap- Is this a plant that will stay around all year long? This is
all in the very front of the house, so I don't want it to look "barren"
during a season or two of the year.

Does anybody else have any more suggestions on shade-loving plants?

Any good groundcover suggestions?

=will=

Old 30-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Texensis

"will" wrote in message

| Turks Cap- Is this a plant that will stay around all year long? This
is
| all in the very front of the house, so I don't want it to look
"barren"
| during a season or two of the year.
|
| Does anybody else have any more suggestions on shade-loving plants?
|
| Any good groundcover suggestions?
|
| =will=

Turk's cap will drop its leaves (it's beginning to do so now), but its
berries stay until the birds eat them, after which the stems may be
pruned off at ground level if you like. It will grow taller if the
bare stems are left thorugh the winter, however.

Old 13-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Texensis