Old 06-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Andyd

Default When is a good time to drive on my lawn???

I have a zoysia lawn, El Toro Zoysia to be exact. Last fall I had
several new flowerbeds built, one next to the house and one on the
other side of the lawn. These, especially the one next to the house,
will require *a lot* of soil to fill up. I figure at least 12 yards,
perhaps as many as 18 yards between the two of them, plus some for
reserve and leveling the new part of the yard. Plus some mulch and I
also need some more gravel in this part of the yard on paths.

Anyway, we live on a steep hillside, and the house is up, and the
location where we will be able to have a dumptruck deposit dirt is way
down the hill. There is no way I can or will be hauling this much
dirt up the hill one wheelbarrow at a time. I think what I will want
to do is rent a Bobcat or equivalent to move this dirt (and mulch and
probably some gravel too) up to the house. But that means driving
across my lawn.

Should I do it now, wait until the grass starts growing, or what?
Right now I am not watering, and this might be the best time to do it,
at least maybe after it has been dry for a few weeks. Or will the
grass do better if I wait until it isn't dormant, and able to recover?

Any advice would be appreciated.

andyd