GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vine for Shade (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/52105-vine-shade.html)

cvee 09-02-2004 02:27 AM

Vine for Shade

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Katra 09-02-2004 02:27 AM

Vine for Shade

In article , "cvee"
wrote:

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Muscadine, Texas wild grapes. ;-)
I've tried honeysuckl and other vines to cover fencing for shade, and
NOTHING has worked like wild grapes!!!

Kat

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

B-0b1 09-02-2004 05:17 PM

Vine for Shade

English and other Ivy loves shade and is plethoric about spreading right
into the trees..LOL! B-0b1

cvee wrote:

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

GeneS 10-02-2004 07:27 PM

Vine for Shade

We planted some morning glory seeds and Jack
could have climbed them. We thought they would
eat our house.

Katra 11-02-2004 06:06 AM

Vine for Shade

But those are deciduous (sp?)
English Ivy grows better in shade than it does in sun!

If you don't care if it dies during the winter. both domestic and wild
morning glory are great...

Wild glory is better as it has MUCH thicker foliage and re-seeds the
hell out of itself. G

Ask me how I know!
But, Glory's do better in direct sunlight, not in shade. So does
moonvine.

I've spent two years trying to clear bindweed (wild morning glory) from
the main garden beds. G

K.

"cvee" wrote in message
Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,

B-0b1 12-02-2004 02:32 AM

Vine for Shade

Good old English or larger IVY..grows plethorically and will literally "take
Over"
a TREE as a protecting item. Adds Beauty to any yard as well. Stas all four
seasons as well.
for proof..visit our front yard! LOL! B-0b1