Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 AM
cvee

Default Vine for Shade

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Old 09-02-2004, 02:27 AM
Katra

In article , "cvee"
wrote:

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Muscadine, Texas wild grapes. ;-)
I've tried honeysuckl and other vines to cover fencing for shade, and
NOTHING has worked like wild grapes!!!

Kat

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Old 09-02-2004, 05:17 PM
B-0b1

English and other Ivy loves shade and is plethoric about spreading right
into the trees..LOL! B-0b1

cvee wrote:

Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

--
"Beaten Paths are for Beaten People". -- Anon.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:27 PM
GeneS

We planted some morning glory seeds and Jack
could have climbed them. We thought they would
eat our house.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:06 AM
Katra

But those are deciduous (sp?)
English Ivy grows better in shade than it does in sun!

If you don't care if it dies during the winter. both domestic and wild
morning glory are great...

Wild glory is better as it has MUCH thicker foliage and re-seeds the
hell out of itself. G

Ask me how I know!
But, Glory's do better in direct sunlight, not in shade. So does
moonvine.

I've spent two years trying to clear bindweed (wild morning glory) from
the main garden beds. G

K.

"cvee" wrote in message
Does anyone kow of a vine that is good in north-facing shade? Gets just a
little morning sun.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

,,Cat's Haven Hobby Farm,,Katra at centurytel dot net,,

Old 12-02-2004, 02:32 AM
B-0b1

Good old English or larger IVY..grows plethorically and will literally "take
Over"
a TREE as a protecting item. Adds Beauty to any yard as well. Stas all four
seasons as well.
for proof..visit our front yard! LOL! B-0b1