Old 22-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Hank

Default Advice on Pineapple Guava hedge

I bought some pineapple guava (feijoa sellowiana) plants to use for a
privacy hedge. My question is how far apart to plant them. They are about 2
1/2' high now with a spread of about 18".
Thanks,
Tim

Old 22-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Victor Martinez

Hank wrote:
I bought some pineapple guava (feijoa sellowiana) plants to use for a
privacy hedge. My question is how far apart to plant them. They are about 2
1/2' high now with a spread of about 18".

Hmmm... they're trees, not shrubs. Not sure if you can prune them as
shrubs though. Ours (well, not sure if it's ours since it's on the
property line) is taller than both houses (I think they get to be 25 ft
tall!) and has beautiful trunks.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 22-05-2004, 08:02 PM
M. Tiefert

Victor Martinez wrote:
Hank wrote:

I bought some pineapple guava (feijoa sellowiana) plants to use for a
privacy hedge. My question is how far apart to plant them. They are
about 2
1/2' high now with a spread of about 18".

Hmmm... they're trees, not shrubs. Not sure if you can prune them as
shrubs though. Ours (well, not sure if it's ours since it's on the
property line) is taller than both houses (I think they get to be 25 ft
tall!) and has beautiful trunks.

The apartment complex where I live (California, not Texas) keeps them
pruned as shrubs. They continue to flower and even bear fruit (but the
landscapers and exterminators use sprays so I let the squirrels get
them...). The shrubs are roughly 4 ft tall and I guess 4 ft apart.

cheers,

Marj
--
Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/
Mediterranean Garden Advice and Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden/

Need guava cuttings Tony Edible Gardening 1 02-08-2006 04:51 AM
Guava Tree and Orchids? Barry Orchids 0 26-09-2003 12:16 AM
Guava pruning Dennis P. Turner Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Guava pruning Dennis P. Turner Australia 0 01-03-2003 12:04 PM
Guava Tree Seeds? Sniffer-Dog United Kingdom 9 31-12-2002 01:18 AM