Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
hello

Default Layout of garden

hello,

I have the ability to plant a garden after this weekend, just bought a house
with 1 acre of land, is there a chart or website that details the planting
and layout of a garden. and the times to plant what plants in Texas. I am
just looking for ideas as I have worked in a garden in about 30 years.
I would like to layout the garden so that I can install irrigation pipes to
water.
thank you

Old 09-06-2004, 04:20 PM
escapee

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:06:37 GMT, "hello"
opined:

hello,

I have the ability to plant a garden after this weekend, just bought a house
with 1 acre of land, is there a chart or website that details the planting
and layout of a garden. and the times to plant what plants in Texas. I am
just looking for ideas as I have worked in a garden in about 30 years.
I would like to layout the garden so that I can install irrigation pipes to
water.
thank you

For vegetables?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 09-06-2004, 04:20 PM
hello

yes, for vegetables and herbs. I have the room to plant more garden than a
family can eat, but I do not want the garden to become overwhelming. I would
like to grow a variety of vegetables, I.e. tomatoes, and typically items
that are expensive in the grocery store and do not taste as well as
homegrown. thank you for any input.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:21 PM
RoyDMercer

"hello" wrote in message
m...
yes, for vegetables and herbs. I have the room to plant more garden than a
family can eat, but I do not want the garden to become overwhelming. I

would
like to grow a variety of vegetables, I.e. tomatoes, and typically items
that are expensive in the grocery store and do not taste as well as
homegrown. thank you for any input.

I haven't gotten around to building my own vegetable garden at my current
residence, however when and if I do the garden will have raised beds.

I saw this on HGTV:

http://tinyurl.com/2shuu

Old 10-06-2004, 12:11 AM
escapee

One of the most tidy ways to vegetable garden is Square Foot Gardening. It's an
old book which is still viable, full of excellent information on most yield for
the buck and size garden.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:00:51 GMT, "hello"
opined:

yes, for vegetables and herbs. I have the room to plant more garden than a
family can eat, but I do not want the garden to become overwhelming. I would
like to grow a variety of vegetables, I.e. tomatoes, and typically items
that are expensive in the grocery store and do not taste as well as
homegrown. thank you for any input.
"escapee" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 06:06:37 GMT, "hello"
opined:

hello,

I have the ability to plant a garden after this weekend, just bought a

house
with 1 acre of land, is there a chart or website that details the

planting
and layout of a garden. and the times to plant what plants in Texas. I am
just looking for ideas as I have worked in a garden in about 30 years.
I would like to layout the garden so that I can install irrigation pipes

water.
thank you

For vegetables?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Basic Plant Layout For a Perennial Flower Garden alwayhappys Gardening 1 15-04-2011 08:23 PM
Garden layout KC[_2_] Edible Gardening 1 12-06-2009 02:55 PM
Garden layout SteveB[_11_] Gardening 4 05-06-2009 08:54 PM
ONLINE Garden layout designers? eppack Gardening 0 06-06-2007 09:02 PM
Planning your garden layout Jay[_3_] Gardening 2 10-03-2007 11:58 PM