Old 07-03-2005, 10:48 PM
jojo

Default canna's and Iris's

Hi all....
No green thumb here, but...
I bought both at home depot this past weekend.

full sun, east sun, west sun, can anyone give me an ideal location for
these?

Thanks,
jojo

Old 08-03-2005, 03:58 PM
jojo

The rear of my one-story house faces summer east.
Would that be a good place for them? I can keep them close to the house (so
they don't get pounded by the rain from the roof until I get gutters) so
they will be completely shaded from the afternoon sun. (A)
Or, I have are area by the peach trees that will get spotty all morning sun
and shade (by a fence) from the late afternoon sun...(B)
At my last house I had some on the north and south side of the house, both
with some protection form late afternoon sun,
and the north side faired much better than the south.

Honestly, (B) is much closer to the hose bib and stand a better chance for
regular watering. Would the peach trees provide Too much shade? they would
not be right under them, but just outside their canopy.

Thanks,
jojo

"escape" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:48:41 GMT, "jojo"

opined:

Hi all....
No green thumb here, but...
I bought both at home depot this past weekend.

full sun, east sun, west sun, can anyone give me an ideal location for
these?

Thanks,
jojo

You can never go wrong with east sun. The cannas, depending on which

variety you
bought can do nicely with afternoon shade. Iris, depending on which you

bought,
like full sun, but they will do better with some afternoon shade, also.