GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT- Painted Bunting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/93101-ot-painted-bunting.html)

hayduke 27-04-2005 02:22 PM

OT- Painted Bunting

I saw my first Painted Bunting in over 30 years this morning in my back
yard near one of the feeders :o) Last time I saw one was in the
mid-'70's, I imagine they've been around, just not in my neighborhood.

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i6010id.html

J. Kolenovsky 27-04-2005 10:52 PM

Pretty bird.

hayduke wrote:
=

I saw my first Painted Bunting in over 30 years this morning in my back=

yard near one of the feeders :o) Last time I saw one was in the
mid-'70's, I imagine they've been around, just not in my neighborhood.
=

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i6010id.html

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, 2003 Honorable Mention Award, Keep Houston Beautiful
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - environmental resource
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

Danny 29-04-2005 03:40 AM

If you are interested in birds, check out the recent article over on CNN's
web-site with some confirmed sightings of an Ivory-Billed Woodpecker in a
forest in Arkansas. A truly fantastic sighting if it is indeed an
Ivory-billed. Sadly, you will not find one of those in your backyard :(