GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is This Dangerous ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/100479-dangerous.html)

Harold Walker 30-07-2005 07:02 PM

Such as..H

I can grow what I like, eat what I like, etc. What did you think I
meant? Not many people grow marigolds as a crop!

Pam in Bristol

One never knows that which lurks in the minds of ladies these days.....as if
any male did anyway

WaltA 30-07-2005 07:02 PM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:04:23 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:
bad enough that they sell
people shredders,
Mike.

Really ! ? Where can I get one, there are some people here that I
would like to shred !

Harold Walker 30-07-2005 07:07 PM

Pam in Bristol

No Harry, I am not that old, but I am older than GQT which someone
mentioned in connection with rhubarb brew!
I made rhubarb wine once, but never used a brew on plants, and
certainly never thought of distilling it. Must try it!

Pam in Bristol

Not knowing the age of GQT I would have to assume he is quited young as you
remind me as being rather youngish yourself........H

Mike Lyle 30-07-2005 07:15 PM

wrote:
bad enough that they sell
people shredders,
Mike.

Really ! ? Where can I get one, there are some people here that I
would like to shred !

You need a licence.

--
Mike.

WaltA 30-07-2005 07:21 PM

wrote:
bad enough that they sell
people shredders,
Mike.

Really ! ? Where can I get one, there are some people here that I
would like to shred !

For instance

Ummm, I think you need to sign up to my newsletter for that,,,
for which ther will be a small charge ,,

For starters : All those who think that pedantic insecticide pedants
live in "That Commision" or in "Our Queen's agencies", ( oh and that
aint the other queens and their agents that some shreddable people are
talking about), I think there are more pettyfogging pedants on usenet,
mesel,, dare I suggest some even in this newsgroup ? Perish the
thought.

For secconds : all those who can not expend the effort to trim quoted
text,,,, oh no not that old sawfly !
Or if they cant expend the effort to save us from scrolling to the
bottom of the post to see an idiotic one-liner, at least put the one
line at the top ,,, oh, why do I bother ,,, ?

WaltA 30-07-2005 07:25 PM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:15:59 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:

WaltA wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote:
bad enough that they sell
people shredders,
Mike.

Really ! ? Where can I get one, there are some people here that I
would like to shred !

You need a licence.

LOL!
Drat! I should have known !

To whom, or to whose agency, must I apply ?
How much does it cost and what greasy palm is it going to erm line,
cross, silver, err, lubricate ?

Harold Walker 30-07-2005 07:31 PM

For secconds : all those who can not expend the effort to trim quoted
text,,,, oh no not that old sawfly !
Or if they cant expend the effort to save us from scrolling to the
bottom of the post to see an idiotic one-liner, at least put the one
line at the top ,,, oh, why do I bother ,,, ?

Am glad to see someone prescribing top posting one liners

WaltA 30-07-2005 07:33 PM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:31:38 -0400, "Harold Walker" wrote:
For secconds : all those who can not expend the effort to trim quoted
text,,,, oh no not that old sawfly !
Or if they cant expend the effort to save us from scrolling to the
bottom of the post to see an idiotic one-liner, at least put the one
line at the top ,,, oh, why do I bother ,,, ?

Am glad to see someone prescribing top posting one liners

I've been advocating it for years Harold, just no one pays me any
atenshun,
-- wanders away with lugubrious expression -

WaltA 30-07-2005 07:56 PM

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:04:23 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
bad enough that they sell
people shredders,
Mike.

Really ! ? Where can I get one, there are some people here that I
would like to shred !

For instance

Go on then, give us your own ferinstance then !
You know you'd luv to,,,
Or are you still trying to work out what "lugubroious" means ? :)

WaltA 30-07-2005 08:20 PM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:06:32 -0400, "Harold Walker" wrote:

Please rest assured I will....H

Quivers with anticipation :)

Harold Walker 30-07-2005 08:41 PM

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:06:32 -0400, "Harold Walker" wrote:

Please rest assured I will....H

Quivers with anticipation :)

Quiver not thou too long.....'aint' gud for what ails ya....if anything duz

Nick Maclaren 30-07-2005 08:48 PM

In article ,
Harold Walker wrote:

I can grow what I like, eat what I like, etc. What did you think I
meant? Not many people grow marigolds as a crop!

One never knows that which lurks in the minds of ladies these days.....as if
any male did anyway

That's true, but I have grown marigolds as a crop, too. SURELY
you know what to do with them? Eer, ooh and all that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Harold Walker 30-07-2005 08:52 PM

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Harold Walker wrote:

I can grow what I like, eat what I like, etc. What did you think I
meant? Not many people grow marigolds as a crop!

One never knows that which lurks in the minds of ladies these days.....as
if
any male did anyway

That's true, but I have grown marigolds as a crop, too. SURELY
you know what to do with them? Eer, ooh and all that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nay lad I do not....prithee tell me...but not too plainly