GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Late Rose pruning? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/10090-late-rose-pruning.html)

Kostas Kavoussanakis 11-03-2003 09:58 AM

Late Rose pruning?

Three weeks ago I asked about early pruning, and was advised not to do
it yet.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...59-1%26hl%3Den

During the weekend I went off and did it. I noticed last night that
white residue is everywhere on the branches of the roses. Is that sap?
It's not powdery mildew, it's more like milk dripping. Was I too late?

Thanks for any answers,
Kostas

Roberto 11-03-2003 06:58 PM

Late Rose pruning?

Who told you that?! Get out there with those secateurs now, well when the
daylight comes anyway

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
: Three weeks ago I asked about early pruning, and was advised not to do
: it yet.
:
:

Roberto 11-03-2003 07:17 PM

Late Rose pruning?

PS White sap? don't know, never had that but it's certainly not too early
for pruning so that wouldn't have caused it. Even if you are a bit behind it
still shouldn't matter like that