Old 11-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Late Rose pruning?

Three weeks ago I asked about early pruning, and was advised not to do
it yet.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...59-1%26hl%3Den

During the weekend I went off and did it. I noticed last night that
white residue is everywhere on the branches of the roses. Is that sap?
It's not powdery mildew, it's more like milk dripping. Was I too late?

Thanks for any answers,
Kostas
Old 11-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Roberto

Who told you that?! Get out there with those secateurs now, well when the
daylight comes anyway

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
: Three weeks ago I asked about early pruning, and was advised not to do
: it yet.
:
:

Old 11-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Roberto

PS White sap? don't know, never had that but it's certainly not too early
for pruning so that wouldn't have caused it. Even if you are a bit behind it
still shouldn't matter like that