GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   disease transference (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101247-disease-transference.html)

catpaw 11-08-2005 08:03 AM

disease transference

Hi,
We are attempting to grow some sprouts in our garden for the first
time. They were doing ok for a while but now some of the outer leaves
are going red. We have a teasel about 2 metres away from the sprouts,
the leaves are turning red also. Is there a connection? Could the
teasel be infecting the sprouts in some way? Any advice appreciated!
Dee

Jaques d'Alltrades 11-08-2005 09:22 AM

The message .com
from "catpaw" contains these words:

We are attempting to grow some sprouts in our garden for the first
time. They were doing ok for a while but now some of the outer leaves
are going red. We have a teasel about 2 metres away from the sprouts,
the leaves are turning red also. Is there a connection? Could the
teasel be infecting the sprouts in some way? Any advice appreciated!

This is the time of year when second-year teasels die off after the
seeds have ripened, so, maybe not. However, teasels are
blackfly-magnets, and blackfly *CAN* spread disease, especially viral,
so, maybe.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/