Old 11-08-2005, 08:03 AM
catpaw

Default disease transference

Hi,
We are attempting to grow some sprouts in our garden for the first
time. They were doing ok for a while but now some of the outer leaves
are going red. We have a teasel about 2 metres away from the sprouts,
the leaves are turning red also. Is there a connection? Could the
teasel be infecting the sprouts in some way? Any advice appreciated!
Dee

Old 11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message .com
from "catpaw" contains these words:

We are attempting to grow some sprouts in our garden for the first
time. They were doing ok for a while but now some of the outer leaves
are going red. We have a teasel about 2 metres away from the sprouts,
the leaves are turning red also. Is there a connection? Could the
teasel be infecting the sprouts in some way? Any advice appreciated!

This is the time of year when second-year teasels die off after the
seeds have ripened, so, maybe not. However, teasels are
blackfly-magnets, and blackfly *CAN* spread disease, especially viral,
so, maybe.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Colour transference with African Violets Michael Singmin Gardening 1 27-02-2006 01:21 PM
HELP: Tomato Disease (Wilt disease?) vms North Carolina 4 18-07-2005 01:11 PM
Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Jim Webster sci.agriculture 370 01-05-2003 10:44 AM
Arbutus disease? David D. Gardening 2 12-02-2003 01:55 AM
New thread. Mad Cow Disease / Mad Deer Disease Lotus sci.agriculture 1 31-12-2002 03:29 PM