Old 13-08-2005, 02:46 PM
John Smith

Default Name that tree

Anyone know the name of the variegated tree we noticed yesterday?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...21266209BBUrBB

Cheers,
John

Old 13-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Emrys Davies

"John Smith" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the variegated tree we noticed yesterday?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...21266209BBUrBB

Cheers,
John

John,

This may be it. Cornus controversa variegata. What do you think?

http://www.whitmanfarms.com/tree_pag...ncontrovar.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 13-08-2005, 04:11 PM
John Smith

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the variegated tree we noticed yesterday?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...21266209BBUrBB

Cheers,
John

John,

This may be it. Cornus controversa variegata. What do you think?

http://www.whitmanfarms.com/tree_pag...ncontrovar.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

---------------------
Thanks for that...I think you are correct. Some else mention
EUONYMUS.....Silver Queen..but I think it is the Cornus controversa
variegata.
Is a common name for it The Wedding Cake Tree would you know - or is that
another Cornus?
Thanks again.
John.

Old 13-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Emrys Davies

"John Smith" wrote in message
Anyone know the name of the variegated tree we noticed yesterday?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...21266209BBUrBB

Cheers,
John

John,

This may be it. Cornus controversa variegata. What do you think?

http://www.whitmanfarms.com/tree_pag...ncontrovar.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

---------------------
Thanks for that...I think you are correct. Some else mention
EUONYMUS.....Silver Queen..but I think it is the Cornus controversa
variegata.
Is a common name for it The Wedding Cake Tree would you know - or is

that
another Cornus?
Thanks again.
John.

Yes, you are correct. It is known as @The Wedding Cake Tree'.
http://tinyurl.com/8df77

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 13-08-2005, 05:41 PM
John Smith

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

--------------
TVM, Emerys.
I wonder why its called The Wedding Cake Tree?
John

Old 13-08-2005, 05:50 PM
gconn77

I am not sure... they look really nice though. Visit my Garden and
House Plant Forum at http://gconn77.com/smf/ and upload and post the
information, I would like to see if people can identify this too. Very
pretty tree/plant.

Old 13-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Sacha

On 13/8/05 17:41, in article , "John Smith"
wrote:

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote in message

snip
Thanks for that...I think you are correct. Some else mention
EUONYMUS.....Silver Queen..but I think it is the Cornus controversa
variegata.
Is a common name for it The Wedding Cake Tree would you know - or is

that
another Cornus?
Thanks again.
John.

Yes, you are correct. It is known as @The Wedding Cake Tree'.
http://tinyurl.com/8df77

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

--------------
TVM, Emerys.
I wonder why its called The Wedding Cake Tree?
John

Because it grows naturally in tiers or layers, like a wedding cake! We
planted one when we got married five years ago and it's grown fast and is
looking lovely.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 13-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Emrys Davies

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

I think that it is so named because a wedding cake often has three tiers
and this tree has a distinctive horizontally tiered habit.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 13-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
I think that it is so named because a wedding cake often has three tiers
and this tree has a distinctive horizontally tiered habit.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Does it also have a different teared habit ready for when the marriage
breaks up ?

(specially for Martin!!)

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 13-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Emrys Davies

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
I think that it is so named because a wedding cake often has three

tiers
and this tree has a distinctive horizontally tiered habit.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Does it also have a different teared habit ready for when the marriage
breaks up ?

(specially for Martin!!)

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

No. It is a very positive tree and it does not entertain any negative
thoughts, whatsoever. How dare you suggest that it may falter in any
way.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

Old 14-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Emrys Davies" contains these words:

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
I think that it is so named because a wedding cake often has three

tiers
and this tree has a distinctive horizontally tiered habit.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Does it also have a different teared habit ready for when the marriage
breaks up ?

(specially for Martin!!)

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

No. It is a very positive tree and it does not entertain any negative
thoughts, whatsoever. How dare you suggest that it may falter in any
way.

The longsuffering partner of such a tree might very well seek divorce

Janet

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
[IBC] Tree Name Database. Was [IBC] Name Meaning Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 0 16-10-2004 10:45 AM
Name that tree Bill Oliver Gardening 17 11-05-2004 10:02 PM
tree name? Guglielmo Portas Lawns 3 11-06-2003 03:56 PM