GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Simple instructions - impossible to follow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101762-simple-instructions-impossible-follow.html)

Broadback 23-08-2005 06:39 PM

Simple instructions - impossible to follow

My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Draven 23-08-2005 07:31 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Dead heading my Dahlias. Do I get them all?

Mike 23-08-2005 07:41 PM

"Draven" wrote in message
k...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them

all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Dead heading my Dahlias. Do I get them all?

"Mow the grass before it gets too long."

and it rains.... and the grass grows,

and it rains ...... and the grass grows,

and it rains ............

shazzbat 23-08-2005 08:11 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Instructions on a seed packet " Sow in stone-free, weed-free soil"

Oh yeah, when's that arriving then?

Steve

Mike Lyle 23-08-2005 08:16 PM

Mike wrote:
"Draven" wrote in message
k...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found
them all? The other is pick runner beans before they are too

large
to keep them cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Dead heading my Dahlias. Do I get them all?

"Mow the grass before it gets too long."

and it rains.... and the grass grows,

and it rains ...... and the grass grows,

and it rains ............

Mine's the skilfully-camouflaged eighteen-inch courgette.

--
Mike.

David W.E. Roberts 23-08-2005 09:33 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:16:16 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

Mike wrote:
"Draven" wrote in message
k...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found
them all? The other is pick runner beans before they are too

large
to keep them cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Dead heading my Dahlias. Do I get them all?

"Mow the grass before it gets too long."

and it rains.... and the grass grows,

and it rains ...... and the grass grows,

and it rains ............

Mine's the skilfully-camouflaged eighteen-inch courgette.

Well, that explains the unusual walk :-)

Pam Moore 23-08-2005 09:46 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:16:16 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Mike wrote:
"Draven" wrote in message
k...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found
them all? The other is pick runner beans before they are too

large
to keep them cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

"Apply when rain is not expected."
"Sow thinly" ... and it comes up like mustard and cress!

Pam in Bristol

Ted Richardson 23-08-2005 09:52 PM

"shazzbat" wrote in message
:
: "Broadback" wrote in message
: ...
: My banes are
: Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them
all?
: The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
: cropping, has anyone ever found them all?
:
: What's yours?
:
: Instructions on a seed packet " Sow in stone-free, weed-free soil"
:
: Oh yeah, when's that arriving then?
:
:
: Steve

Prick out and water

Ted

Jaques d'Alltrades 24-08-2005 08:38 AM

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Plant out in (State time of year).

And have I got the ground prepared?

Please can someone shift the seasons along a bit?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Rod Craddock 25-08-2005 06:01 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them
all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep
them cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Well drained reliably moist soil.

--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Pam Moore 28-08-2005 10:40 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

"Draven" wrote in message
. uk...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them

all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Prune after flowering. However it has not yet flowered!

Pam in Bristol

Alan Holmes 29-08-2005 09:09 AM

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:41:40 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

"Draven" wrote in message
.uk...

"Broadback" wrote in message
My banes are
Remove all tubers when digging potatoes, has anyone every found them

all?
The other is pick runner beans before they are too large to keep them
cropping, has anyone ever found them all?

What's yours?

Prune after flowering. However it has not yet flowered!

My son bought a shirt, the instructione said 'part cotton, part other stuff'
and 'wash when dirty'!

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Pam in Bristol

Pam Moore 29-08-2005 11:57 AM

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:09:07 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

My son bought a shirt, the instructione said 'part cotton, part other stuff'
and 'wash when dirty'!

Not at M&S then! Nice one!

Pam in Bristol

shazzbat 29-08-2005 08:21 PM

wrote:

My son bought a shirt, the instructione said 'part cotton, part other

stuff'
and 'wash when dirty'!

Not at M&S then! Nice one!

Fender guitars come in boxes the top of which is marked "this way up" *and*
"open other end"

Steve