GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hemerocallis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/101948-hemerocallis.html)

Gilly 27-08-2005 03:21 PM

Hemerocallis

Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer). Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Thanks.

Bob Hobden 27-08-2005 10:23 PM

"Gilly" wrote
Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer).
Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Give them some Tomato feed now and leave them another year to see what
happens.

--
Regards
Bob

Spider 30-08-2005 12:08 PM

Gilly wrote in message
Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer).

Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Thanks.

Hi Gilly,

I know Hemerocallis suffer from a pest which affects flowering. If I had a
memory I could tell you what it is - maybe some kind of eel worm.
As the others suggest, Hemerocallis can be slow to get going. I certainly
wouldn't give up on them yet. I will try and find out about this damaging
pest.

Spider