Old 27-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Gilly

Default Hemerocallis

Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer). Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Thanks.

Old 27-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Bob Hobden

"Gilly" wrote
Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer).
Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Give them some Tomato feed now and leave them another year to see what
happens.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 30-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Spider

Gilly wrote in message
Two years ago I planted some hemerocallis (this is their 3rd summer).

Each
year they've grown lots of leaves but they've not yet flowered. I'm just
about to dig them up and throw them away, but before I do I just want to
double-check that they're not autumn-bloomers. Variety is unknown. Are
they late bloomers?

Thanks.

Hi Gilly,

I know Hemerocallis suffer from a pest which affects flowering. If I had a
memory I could tell you what it is - maybe some kind of eel worm.
As the others suggest, Hemerocallis can be slow to get going. I certainly
wouldn't give up on them yet. I will try and find out about this damaging
pest.

Spider