Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-08-2005, 08:27 PM
capstan

Default Where are the birds ?

We've noticed a very strange thing.
Other than the usual noisy crowds of wood pigeons and collared doves, we
haven't had a single bird of any kind visit our normally popular garden,
birdbath and table for the past five days !
Nothing, not a one, zilch, not even starlings.
Up till now our most prolific visitor this year were blackbirds which we
were seeing in increasing quantities, far outdoing the blue tits and great
tits which we noticed were in decline. This year we noticed that thrushes,
house sparrows and wrens were increasing whilst robins were also in
decline.
And we simply can't remember the last time we saw any kind of finch.
Chaffinches were always the most common in our garden here in
mid-Notts......but now ????
What on earth is happening ? Is there some sort of bird epidemic about ?
Whets your experience in your area ?

capstan