GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bluebells Plant Thieves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/10363-bluebells-plant-thieves.html)

Tarzan 14-03-2003 08:53 AM

Bluebells Plant Thieves

i read that they are being dug up and sold to Garden Centres,
dont they check where they are coming from ??

Sue 14-03-2003 11:13 PM

Bluebells Plant Thieves

"Tarzan" wrote
i read that they are being dug up and sold to Garden Centres,
dont they check where they are coming from ??

As in any other business I expect there are some who'll ask no questions if
they can get something on the cheap.

Sue

Steve Harris 16-03-2003 09:20 AM

Bluebells Plant Thieves

In article ,
(Tarzan) wrote:

dont they check where they are coming from ??

How do you check where a bluebell came from?

JennyC 16-03-2003 09:20 AM

Bluebells Plant Thieves

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Tarzan) wrote:

dont they check where they are coming from ??

How do you check where a bluebell came from?

Give it a ring and ask............:~)
Jenny

SweetPea 11-04-2005 04:45 PM

There are only Two people with licences to collect bluebell seeds in the country. ( licences given by defra ) So I don't know how others can sell bluebells unless its ok to dig up bulbs, If you know, please do tell??

One licence is a farm in kent, who sell wild bluebell seeds from their website: www.farnellfarm.co.uk

Its a great site where you can see where the bluebells have come from. You can buy as many packets as you require (foil packed!) and also buy other farm produce, such as cobnuts.

Phil L 11-04-2005 09:37 PM

SweetPea wrote:
:: There are only Two people with licences to collect bluebell seeds
:: in the country. ( licences given by defra ) So I don't know how
:: others can sell bluebells unless its ok to dig up bulbs, If you
:: know, please do tell??

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/wild.htm
sell bluebell seeds, my local council are organising a bluebell seed
collection next month as undoubtedly other councils across the country must
be:
http://snipurl.com/dy8u

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004