Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Tarzan

Default Bluebells Plant Thieves

i read that they are being dug up and sold to Garden Centres,
dont they check where they are coming from ??

Old 14-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Sue

"Tarzan" wrote
i read that they are being dug up and sold to Garden Centres,
dont they check where they are coming from ??

As in any other business I expect there are some who'll ask no questions if
they can get something on the cheap.

Sue

Old 11-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Registered User

There are only Two people with licences to collect bluebell seeds in the country. ( licences given by defra ) So I don't know how others can sell bluebells unless its ok to dig up bulbs, If you know, please do tell??

One licence is a farm in kent, who sell wild bluebell seeds from their website: www.farnellfarm.co.uk

Its a great site where you can see where the bluebells have come from. You can buy as many packets as you require (foil packed!) and also buy other farm produce, such as cobnuts.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Phil L

SweetPea wrote:
:: There are only Two people with licences to collect bluebell seeds
:: in the country. ( licences given by defra ) So I don't know how
:: others can sell bluebells unless its ok to dig up bulbs, If you
:: know, please do tell??

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/wild.htm
sell bluebell seeds, my local council are organising a bluebell seed
collection next month as undoubtedly other councils across the country must
be:
http://snipurl.com/dy8u

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004

thieves about in Hampshire BIC United Kingdom 3 20-10-2007 03:06 PM
Paeony thieves Jo United Kingdom 3 30-05-2004 01:34 PM
Allotments and thieves/vandals? Frogleg United Kingdom 33 05-02-2004 06:46 PM
Orchid thieves caught in NZ Reka Orchids 1 22-01-2004 01:32 PM