Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Duncan Lyall

Default Tomato Disaster, lost crop, any idea why ?

Hi

I have been growing tomatos outside in the soil in my garden 20 miles
north of London in the UK for a number of years now.

I never grow them in the same place two years running although my
favorite bed, the one I used this year, hosts a crop every two years.

The bed faces West and is backed by a larch lap fence.

I fed at planting with pelleted chicken manure and then regularly with
Miracle Grow (last years batch).

This year, for the first time I grew potatos in the bed next door,
they have performed well and have shown no sign of blight (as far as I
can tell).

This year I have had an almost total crop failure.

Pictures here http://80.71.2.34:8815/tomatos/index.html show the
current state of the crop.

I will miss my home grown tomato soup this winter.

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong ?

Many thanks

Duncan :-(