Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-09-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Bursting Tomatoes

This has been my first proper year of growing tomatoes, and all things
considered, I'm very pleased with the results, given too much rain, and
not enough sunshine. All my plants seem to be producing fair
quantities without me doing much apart from supporting and trimming
them. Though I have noticed that if you leave the fruit on the plant
too long, the skins seem to split, which doesn't seem a good thing.
On the other hand, the longer you leave the fruit, the riper and
sweeter and tomatoier (if there such a word) they get. There must be
some recognised way of dealing with this dilemma.

Ken Cohen