Old 28-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered User

Location: UK Lincoln
Default Grape Vine

Hi can anyone please help
i have recently been given a 3 year old black hamburg
i have planted it on a south facing wall, i was told it did produce grapes last year
but my question is what month do they normally produce grapes?
as nothing has happened this year?
the size of the vine is about 3feet by 3 feet & with what looks like good green leafs
ive had it planted for about 5 weeks now & its only grown just a few inches, is this normal?
should i need to be doing anything to it?
i live in the UK (lincoln)
many thanks
Debbie
Old 28-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Chris S

--
debbie_7155

this link should tell you all you need to now, Debbie
http://www.hdra.org.uk/factsheets/ftm6.htm

Chris S :-)

Old 28-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Brian

"debbie_7155" wrote in message

Hi can anyone please help
i have recently been given a 3 year old black hamburg
i have planted it on a south facing wall, i was told it did produce
grapes last year
but my question is what month do they normally produce grapes?
as nothing has happened this year?
the size of the vine is about 3feet by 3 feet & with what looks like
good green leafs
ive had it planted for about 5 weeks now & its only grown just a few
inches, is this normal?
should i need to be doing anything to it?
i live in the UK (lincoln)
many thanks
Debbie

~~~~~~~~~~~
There are no instant fruits~ and certainly not grapes. Flowers are
produced in early summer and the fruits form over following months to
eventually ripen in the autumn.
It is quite normal that yours has made so little progess in the five
weeks. If it is to fruit next year the flowers will be produced on the
present branches. The number of branches could be reduced to two or three.
The var. is not the best for fruiting outdoors.
Best Wishes Brian.

--
debbie_7155

Old 28-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Kay

In article , Brian
--- writes

[...]

It's recently been replanted. It'll take a while to get its roots down
and get settled.
--
Kay

Old 29-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Registered User

Location: UK Lincoln

hi chris thanks for that link, was very helpful
i planted it outside the person who gave me it also has theres outside & is very sucsessful with it & i am wanting to grow other things in my greenhouse, so hence the reason mine had to goo outside too
thanks everyone else for their replies. much appreciated