Old 25-10-2005, 03:56 PM
middleton.walker

Default O t

With apologies to those disliking ot subjects and to those who like a little
winter reading on those chilly nights I offer the title of an interesting
book....like many others I took English history at school but never once did
it touch upon the effects of the immigrants to England...immigrants ranging
back to the Normans and including up to today....most interesting reading.

"The Bloody Foreigners" by Robert Winder.

Old 25-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Richard Brooks

middleton.walker wrote:
With apologies to those disliking ot subjects and to those who like a little
winter reading on those chilly nights I offer the title of an interesting
book....like many others I took English history at school but never once did
it touch upon the effects of the immigrants to England...immigrants ranging
back to the Normans and including up to today....most interesting reading.

"The Bloody Foreigners" by Robert Winder.

Shame it doesn't go pre-Norman! Maybe the next book can be "We're all
Bloody Foreigners" by Robert Winder-Upper.

Historically speaking it would be onto a winner if it actually described
agricultural changes like that programme on BBC2 Friday, IIRW.

Richard.