Old 27-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered User

Location: Oxfordshire, UK
Post Last grass mow of the year - when?

Hi Folks,

Please let me know when I should mow the grass for the last time this year (2005), & any year for that matter.

Today, being sunny, I mowed. I live in South Oxfordshire.

Is that enough for this year, or should I do it one last time next month?

What is the usual 'cut-off' day or week each year - or, is there no such thing?

Many thanks,
G : )

P.S. - It goes without saying that I know very little about gardening!
Old 27-10-2005, 09:15 PM
p.k.

Default Last grass mow of the year - when?

GoofyGAT wrote:
Hi Folks,

Please let me know when I should mow the grass for the last time this
year (2005), & any year for that matter.

When it stops growing!

pk

Old 27-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Mike Lyle

GoofyGAT wrote:
Hi Folks,

Please let me know when I should mow the grass for the last time

this
year (2005), & any year for that matter.

Today, being sunny, I mowed. I live in South Oxfordshire.

Is that enough for this year, or should I do it one last time next
month?

What is the usual 'cut-off' day or week each year - or, is there no
such thing?

I'm afraid your worst fears are about to be realised! There isn't a
date: it's not unknown for the odd (very odd, in my lazy opinion)
person to fire up the mower on Christmas Day. Just keep on doing it
whenever it looks as though it needs doing. This will depend on your
conditions: a good old frost will set it back nicely.

--
Mike.

Old 27-10-2005, 10:08 PM
shazzbat

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
GoofyGAT wrote:
Hi Folks,

Please let me know when I should mow the grass for the last time

this
year (2005), & any year for that matter.

Today, being sunny, I mowed. I live in South Oxfordshire.

Is that enough for this year, or should I do it one last time next
month?

What is the usual 'cut-off' day or week each year - or, is there no
such thing?

I'm afraid your worst fears are about to be realised! There isn't a
date: it's not unknown for the odd (very odd, in my lazy opinion)
person to fire up the mower on Christmas Day. Just keep on doing it
whenever it looks as though it needs doing. This will depend on your
conditions: a good old frost will set it back nicely.

Our lawn looks a right state just now. it's on the north side of the house,
and gets no sun from about early sept to April. It's still growing now, but
way too wet to cut.

Steve

Old 27-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Kate Morgan

Our lawn looks a right state just now. it's on the north side of the house,
and gets no sun from about early sept to April. It's still growing now, but
way too wet to cut.

Steve

Lawns still growing and being cut in Gloucestershire

Old 31-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered User

Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Thanks all : )

If I can get hold of a replacement mower (old one broke when I last mowed), I may do it one more time in about 10 days time (Nov 10, '05), & hope I won't have to do it again this year.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:06 PM

GoofyGAT wrote:
Hi Folks,

Please let me know when I should mow the grass for the last time this
year (2005), & any year for that matter.

Well, I am hoping to do mine today if it stays dry.
Last year I cut right into December, but in cooler years have not had
to bother after Guy Fawkes night.

First mow of the year? David.WE.Roberts United Kingdom 25 06-03-2014 10:03 PM
Can I mow this time of year? BigKev Lawns 3 10-12-2008 01:55 AM
Mow, mow, mow Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 19-05-2007 04:10 AM
To mow or not to mow snafu Gardening 9 26-09-2004 01:05 PM
how soon can i mow over new grass? MoJo United Kingdom 3 18-09-2003 09:15 AM