GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The bumptious sod (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/108872-bumptious-sod.html)

middleton.walker 08-11-2005 09:41 PM

The bumptious sod

As you can see from the subject matter Bob the article arrived..just a
couple of hours ago.....thanks.....well written...must admit I have to agree
with being assertive....the trade mark of my chosen profession.....winding
up the gardening for the year via almost breaking my back this
afternoon.....mixed up almost a cubic yard of planting stuff.....6 cubic
feet of peat moss which took me over an hour just to wet it thru
thoroughly...does that ever take up gallon upon gallon of water and landing
up as heavy as lead......after that added a few cubic feet of cow manure and
then a combo of compost and soil.....mixed it back and forth with a
spade....just about knackered by the time it was all mixed up...tomorrow
will spread on the garden so it will be ready for planting next
year......that will be the end of the outdoor stuff except for raking up the
pine needles....I see Norman Tityball has been rather generous....I womnder
how many will choke with the drink.....all the best Bob and enjoy...thanks
for the article....B S

middleton.walker 09-11-2005 08:32 AM

The bumptious sod

My apologies for this one folks...it was sent in error...shudda gone to an
old shipmate..will have to make sure I look at the addressee more
closely....H

Bob Hobden 09-11-2005 09:14 AM

The bumptious sod

"middleton.walker" wrote...
My apologies for this one folks...it was sent in error...shudda gone to an
old shipmate..will have to make sure I look at the addressee more
closely....H

You had me worried there for a moment. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

middleton.walker 09-11-2005 09:58 AM

The bumptious sod

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"middleton.walker" wrote...
My apologies for this one folks...it was sent in error...shudda gone to
an old shipmate..will have to make sure I look at the addressee more
closely....H

You had me worried there for a moment. :-)

--
Regards
Bob
In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London

Didya think I had gone off me rocker??????

Jaques d'Alltrades 09-11-2005 04:14 PM

The bumptious sod

The message
from "middleton.walker" contains these words:

My apologies for this one folks...it was sent in error...shudda gone to an
old shipmate..will have to make sure I look at the addressee more
closely....H

I wondered what it was all about.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Jaques d'Alltrades 09-11-2005 04:16 PM

The bumptious sod

The message
from "middleton.walker" contains these words:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"middleton.walker" wrote...

My apologies for this one folks...it was sent in error...shudda gone to
an old shipmate..will have to make sure I look at the addressee more
closely....H

You had me worried there for a moment. :-)

Didya think I had gone off me rocker??????

I thought I must have missed the top of the thread somehow.