GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sulfur powder (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/109020-sulfur-powder.html)

nunya 13-11-2005 04:29 AM

sulfur powder

on my package of sulfur powder it says not to use on curcubine plants.
what effect does it have on the plants if used? and would it be safe to
put on ground now and still plant out pumpkins next year?
thanks
sherm

david taylor 13-11-2005 11:29 AM

sulfur powder

Sulphur drops the soil pH and concurbits prefer pH 6 or more. I don't know
of any other vulnerability, maybe others can comment.
Regards
David T

nunya 14-11-2005 07:31 PM

sulfur powder

my pumpkins get what i assume is a fungus as the older leaves get a
white covering like powdery mildew and then they brown out. the rest of
the plant seems to continue growing but i assume it takes some strentght
away from the plant. what is something i should use to control this?
i was hoping to use the sulphur now so as to kill off the overwintering
bacteria.