Old 13-11-2005, 04:29 AM
nunya

Default sulfur powder

on my package of sulfur powder it says not to use on curcubine plants.
what effect does it have on the plants if used? and would it be safe to
put on ground now and still plant out pumpkins next year?
thanks
sherm
Old 13-11-2005, 11:29 AM
david taylor

Sulphur drops the soil pH and concurbits prefer pH 6 or more. I don't know
of any other vulnerability, maybe others can comment.
Regards
David T

Old 14-11-2005, 07:31 PM
nunya

my pumpkins get what i assume is a fungus as the older leaves get a
white covering like powdery mildew and then they brown out. the rest of
the plant seems to continue growing but i assume it takes some strentght
away from the plant. what is something i should use to control this?
i was hoping to use the sulphur now so as to kill off the overwintering
bacteria.

"nunya" wrote in message

on my package of sulfur powder it says not to use on curcubine plants.
what effect does it have on the plants if used? and would it be safe to
put on ground now and still plant out pumpkins next year?
thanks
sherm

LIme sulfur or copper or sulfur spray Sandra Bodycoat Australia 8 08-07-2010 02:04 PM
sulfur powder nunya Edible Gardening 5 17-11-2005 03:45 AM
Sulfur query dada Orchids 5 08-06-2004 04:32 PM
dormant spray questions? sulfur vs. copper etc r1 Gardening 3 16-12-2003 05:04 PM
[IBC] Lime Sulfur Bill Watkins Bonsai 9 03-12-2003 03:08 PM